Wednesday 31 October 2012

Day 4 - The Witches' Cottage

Today, we went to the Witches' Cottage to make up for the fact that we did not yesterday as planned. This is my favourite stop - I certainly do not remember being so happy after being scared nearly to death. I sat in front of the stage where it extends out. I guess that is why I enjoyed myself. After this stop, I am able to visualise the Crucible more vividly. I definitely want to go to a stop like this again.
~Sheryl Lim, 3/8
(Edited)

I feel very happy that we were able to visit the Witches' Cottage. The play that we watched really made me feel as if I was a part of the witch-hunt that took place in Massachusetts in 1692. We were all able to feel involved in the witch trial, especially when students were invited to be part of a mini dramatization after the actual performance. A student pretended to be the accused and three others would come up with reasons to explain to the judge why they think the accused is guilty of practising witchcraft. Many of us found the dramatization hilarious. However, it was also effective in helping us to understand how easy it was for the innocent to be put on trial.
~Farzanah Akhbar, 3/8
(Edited)

No comments:

Post a Comment