Thursday 25 October 2012

Day 0 - Our thoughts before embarking on the USA Expedition

It is almost unbelievable; tomorrow I will be stepping into a plane that will take me to my chilly "candyland". Yes, I am finally flying off to the United States of America tomorrow. Singapore has been my cosy, warm cocoon for almost as long as I can remember, and this restless larvae of fifteen years has been starved of the beauty of the unexplored pworld, stuck in its stuffy wrappings. I thought, perhaps, that sampling American air for a moment would do so much more than simply beefing me up, and that I would fight for a spot to guarantee that holy spot. There was fear in me, yes, imagining I would be surrounded by giants in colossal numbers, intimidated by the vastness of their appetites and having to abandon all my Asian-ic comforts like my mother's cooking for 10 days. However, a queer, burning desperation to explore the world beyond my comfort zone seemed to mask my fears in the end. Exitement was boiling so furiously in me that I would not be surprised to find fireworks shooting up from my tummy and out of my mouth at any moment. Imagine all the places I would visit there, sights I would see, people I would meet, food I will taste and smell ... there are all priceless. Nothing beats experience itself. Never was there such an honour as high as this - to blend into a strange land with its unfamiliar society that would make me the envy of so many. No doubt would this be an absolutely gorgeous, surreal trip  for me and my friends. Look out USA, the bold Asian is coming in!




                                                                                                                          
Felicia Chow
                                                                                                                 
The Blogging Team

No comments:

Post a Comment